Sunday, August 13, 2006

padded room needed

I forgot to mention this about Nate.

The other day we were visiting Steve's mother, Lillian. We were sitting on her back porch. I switched chairs to put Nathan in the shade. 30 seconds after sitting down I realized the stool I picked was actually a side table. Because it broke beneath me. I heard shattering, and reached down with one of my hands to try and stop myself from being impaled on shards of glass. And Nathan, who had been on my lap, tumbled off and landed face first on the deck.

It all happened in about .9 seconds. His nose got scraped. He now has a scab on his nose.

And Nicholas is NOT better, as I had posted yesterday. His fever returned in full force, and he started complaining that the inside of his mouth hurt. I kept thinking he was teething, because the kept pointing to the back of his mouth. But he won't let me look, so I can't really tell. And then, as I was drying him off from his bath, I noticed a rash all over his body. Including the palms of his hands and his feet. And of course I went online and I am now convinced he has Scarlet Fever. Nothing ever happens during the week. Only on the weekend when the doctor's office is CLOSED. Even if he does get sicker, I have no idea what I will do about it.

And both boys woke up at 4:30 AM. Nick is being calm and well behaved - probably because he feels so awful. But Nathan is so irritating. He just keeps whining and fussing - HE'S the reason we're up so gosh darn early, because he wouldn't SETTLE DOWN. He won't settle down with his bottle, or a biscuit. He just wants me to hold him ALL THE TIME. But quite frankly, I don't like being drooled on before 7am. Or spat up on. Or used as a chew toy.

Today is a great day to disregard any rules I might have previously had about caffiene.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's my understanding that scarlet fever is strep with a rash but it needs to be seen to ASAP. Does the doctor not have someone on call on the weekends? I think it's best not to wait around about this sort of thing.

Anonymous said...

And should it be strep or scarlet fever it's very contagious (as you should well remember) so maybe Nate is coming down with it too and that's why he's cranky .