Friday, August 18, 2006

Food, Glorious Food

So far since Linda's been here we have gone grocery shopping, printed out 16 recipies, gone to Mac's Apples and shopped at the farm stand (fed the goats, the ducks, and watched Nick freak out twice over a stuffed owl and once over a stuffed moose head). Linda has made a roast chicken with leeks, roast potatoes with rosemary, and lemon green beans. She also made a peach blueberry tart, about three gallons of marinara sauce for us to freeze and eat later, and batter for cornmeal blueberry pancackes which I tried to make this morning and simply proved my point which is that I CAN NOT MAKE PANCAKES. It's not the batter, it is ME.

Today Linda wants to grill steak and shrimp and stuffed peppers. We are going to the meat store and the seafood store. She's dancing around with herbs and kitchen utensils and I think she's just happy to be an a kitchen with counter space and a separate dining area.

And I am uber tired from dealing with Nathan, Mr. Grumpy nighttimesleepdoesnotapplytome. This morning he cried as he ate and he cried as he crawled around and he tried to climb up into my lap and onto my head as I was chaning his brother's diaper. T'aint funny, McGee!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

oh man, do i miss linda's food. sometimes i drive on my motorbike for an hour just so that I can eat a meal that isn't thai.

Anonymous said...

I miss Linda's food, too.