Thursday, August 31, 2006

When the Bee Stings


Yesterday I picked up a very happy Nicholas from school and all was well.

Until he was stung by a bee (or a wasp) in our very oen backyard. It was on the side of his head, his temple. A red spot immediately appeared and then, slowly, it began to swell until there was a small lump on the side of his head. After 40 minutes the swelling went down, so it wasn't serious. Unless you count having a bee hive in the climbing structure serious. I can't tell you how many times I have taken down these hives, and they keep appearing. I really don't mind wasps and bees in their own place, but I think they are trying to tell us that the outside is NOT our place. And I think there is plenty of outside for everyone, and they can stay away from the one spot the kids play. So I am formulating a plan to take it back.

Nick's cold is better. Now Nathan has it. I walk around with a burp cloth wiping noses and trying to get the boys to drink fluids. It's what I do instead of sleeping.

1 comment:

Debs said...

So glad to hear school was ok. Sorry to hear about the wasps. Fight back. I'm sure if you started a plan of action and posted it on your blog we'd all make suggestions....