Thursday, November 09, 2006

Birthday Gift

For my 25th birthday my friends and I all went out for a dinner in the North End - Italian, for those of you not familiar with Boston. We drank wine out of a jug on the table, then went walking around Columbus park, singing. No, singing. We were intoxicated with wine and youth, and we laughed when people started at us. We would never become old.

Yesterday I got a sewing machine for my birthday - the most awsome sewing machine in the world. I'm sorry, sewing COMPUTER. It calls itself a computer. And I guess it is, because it has fonts. FONTS! But my POINT is, I never in a billion years thought I would become the type of person who would be excited to get a sewing machine for her birthday. The highlight of my day was figuring out how to use the stitch regulator and the knee thingy for the presser foot. And I also learned what a feed dog was.

Yeah... that girl singing on her 25th in Boston? I don't know where she is. Probably burried under the mounds of fabric in my sewing room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god I love you so much. What a fabulous fabulous evening that was. Thank you for reminding me of it. And that girl is still in there, the same one who drank an entire bottle of wine with me and as we watched (no, critiqued) the figure skaters on TV as if we were experts and then in our drunken state proceeded to call our family and friends to tell we loved them. She is there and always will be. love you forever, jules