Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Day! Election Day!

I can't tell you how thrilled I am that election day is here!

No, there isn't one candidate I support whole heartedly, or above all others, or even one candidate that I even like. As far as I'm concerned, election day is a choice between two evils. By this time I have seen and heard ads that rip each candidate apart, candidates and parties accusing each other of setting imprisoned child molesters free as long as they promise to pollute our environment and raise taxes and sell small puppies to hamburger factories....

No, I am excited about election day because the politicians will SHUT UP for a little bit and leave me alone. They will stop calling me on the phone with pre-recorded messages. They will stop stuffing my mailbox full of flyers that I promptly throw in the trash (waste of paper - not good for the environment!) and they will stop running their horrible TV and radio ads that I don't pay attention to anyway because I honestly, and with all my heart believe that ALL POLITITIANS are LIERS! They twist the truth and and more sleezy than car salesman and I hate them all! BWAHAHAHAHA!

But today I am going out to vote for the least offensive, and if you live in the US, you should do that too. Because even though the person you vote for may not win, or if they win they might go back on every single promise they have ever, ever, ever made... we are given the right to vote in this country. We should take advantage of that right. Besides, if you don't vote YOU CAN'T COMPLAIN!


Also, here are a list of people with birthdays yesterday and today: My mother-in-law Lillian, my cousins Chris and Clare, and my friend Maureen who I haven't seen in ages.

3 comments:

Debs said...

I still love the novelty of being able to vote, even though I'm not so good at deciding who to vote for. After all I am only 24, and I haven't had all that many chances to do it yet!

Maybe you should have a recycling bin for all that paper? Here in the UK everyone's really hot on promoting recycling. Is it like that over there?

Oh, and Happy Birthday to all you guys :-)

Anonymous said...

Just to throw in, yes of course we do recycle.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lillian, Chris & Clare & Maureen!!!

Now get out & vote, godammit!