Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Upstaged



Today is MY BIRTHDAY! I am 22 years old! OK.... 27. OK, OK, OK... 32. I never understood grown ups when they said they didn't look forward to their birthdays... but here I am. Another year older, and I'm still no closer to achieving my goal as a professional dancer. But I still like to pamper myself on my special day, so I created a to-do list that would let me take it easy. I'm giving myself permission to watch TV and to take a nap.

My Birthday is the reason I posted this photo, this one of me when I was a kid, obviously a victim of some fashion crime. It seems that for years parents kept forgetting to put pants on their little girls. Seriously, I have been to high school and college, but I have never worn a skirt as short as the one in this picture ever again.

And yet I am still upstaged.

Yesterday, just before he went to bed, Nathan took his first few steps.

OK, they were wobbly and uncertain, and maybe it was more of a lurch and then moving his feet just before he fell, but it was an honest attempt, and he actually moved a few feet forward. He Walked! And he was so excited that I couldn't even get him to stand because he kept bouncing on his legs and couldn't keep his balance.

So now I have an honest question.

Does anyone know where I can buy a teeny tiny helmet? I have a feeling there will be many, many head bumps in our immediate future.

7 comments:

Lou said...

Yay!! Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Kathleen.

Adorable picture too!!! Love the red shoes.

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Happy B-day to you!!! Today is YOUR day! What will you do?

Love,

Anne-E.

Debs said...

Happy Birthday Kethleen :-)
And well done Nate, may there be more more steps to come ;-)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! fleen!

love the dress:)

love, alee

Anonymous said...

Wow! I think I vaguely remember that dress...I especially like the socks!! Hope you have an absolutely wonderful birthday and an amazing year!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I am bad, bad, bad. I just woke up & it is your b'day & I haven't even sent you a card. Just put a black shroud over my picture. Btu don't go to sleep before checking oyur email -- I just sent an e card (the real card is in the snail mail -- better late..)

Happy Happy Happy Birthday, little Fleen & grown-up Kathleen!!!!