Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Still haven't found what I'm looking for



First of all, as usual, my photo has nothing to do with my post. This is simply a picture of Nathan, who has teeth and loves pasta. I do realize that I take an awful lot of pictures of my kids eating. But this is because, at the table, they are in one place longer than 5 seconds. I can't tell you how many shots I take of walls or empty chairsmiply because they've run off before the picture took. Thank goodness for digital cameras.

In other news, yesterday I went to Wal-Mart and tried to find a gravy boat. You know, one of those things, with a handle, that you pour gravy from. I figured since we're having Thankgiving here with Steve's family, I should have the proper serving... things.

Well, I might as well have been looking for the Holy Grail. No gravy boats at THIS Wal-Mart. Mind you, we're talking about a store that sells EVRYTHING from shampoo to milk to yarn to car batteries. I found forks and spoons and plates and bowls. I found tupperware and platters. I found cupcake servers - CUPCAKE SERVERS. I found fondue sets and omlette irons and waffle makers and anything a person could think up under the sun.

Oh, except for gravy boats.

And I feel really dumb for not having purchased one before, at a slightly more focused store. I have seenthem, but I didn't like them. They all looked clunky, and I was looking for something more delicate. A graceful gravy boat. Not a chunky gravy boat.

And now look at me. No gravy boat at all. Gravy boatless. Sans gravy serving ware.

And no time to rush to the mall, either.

I wonder if they'll have plastic ones at the supermarket.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, this is the cutest picture ever, until you send the next cutest picture ever!!!

Anonymous said...

Um, what's an "omelette iron"? Are wrinkly omelettes really a problem? I had no idea!!

O, yeah, cute picture of Nathan!

Jamie said...

mmm pasta. who needs gravy?

Debs said...

I'm noticing the song lyrics, but when i tried googling them I didn't get your site - I think they're too common. You need to go for something slightly more obscure! Yes, what is an omelette iron?