Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A Whole New World



Ever since Nathan has started taking wobbling steps and then crashing to the floor, he has become a different baby. He doesn't cry as much, he doesn't cling as much, he doesn't seem to cause as much pain... he still cries and clings and scratches and bites, but somehow he has become more endearing. My theory is that he was frustrated, and now that he sees that he has the ability to walk like Nick.... well, with practice...

OK, I don't know what it is. But I'm happy with it. The only thing that breaks my heart a ittle is that, when Nate does take a few steps and come crashing down, and Steve and I clap and say "hooray for Nate!" and Nate smiles and buries his head, Nicholas usually tugs at one of us and says "Nick can walk, too! Nick can walk, too!"

I've been compensating by making a big deal about Nick zipping and unzipping zippers.

6 comments:

LARISSA said...

you could also clap for just nick when he uses the potty!

Debs said...

Ya Nick, You're the bext zipper/unzipper in the world (at least in your particular class in the competition) ;-)

Debs said...

that was meant to be YAY Nick btw

Kathleen said...

We clap for Nick when he uses the potty. But at this point that's only once every three or four days. So he gets zippers, too.

Debs said...

I think people in general should clap whenever anyone does a zipper. After all they can be pretty tricky sometimes.

Debs said...

Kathleen, I went to http://www.sitemeter.com/?a=home and signed up for a site meter there. It only takes a couple of minutes.