Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year


I am having one of those days. You know the kind. It's the kind where I woke up at 4am because Nathan was having tummy trouble, but really it's because I chose to stay up and watch Medium which means I didn't get to sleep until past 11. Then as soon as I got Nick dressed he threw up all over everything, including the bath mat, and Nate was crying because he was still uncomfortable, and clung to my legs so hard he pulled my pants all the way down while I was still standing there in shock from the throwing up, and wonderng if I should get more coffee.

Ok, so maybe you don't know the kind of day this is. If not consider yourself lucky.

What I would LIKE to talk about today, is music.

A good two weeks before Thanksgiving the oldies radio station I regularly listen to went over to Christmas music. Not the occasional Christmas song. I'm talking about 24/7, 100%, official Holiday Radio Station, nothing but Christmas music. I happen to LIKE Christmas music, but I prefer it sprinkled in among other things, not hailing down on me non stop for two months. Regardless, I feel I have already spent a good deal of time listening to Holiday Music, and other things that pass for Holiday Music. And I have a lot to say about a few musical selections. So from time to time I am going to put a little "music commentary" at the bottom of my daily post, focusing on one particular Christmas song, or maybe just the lyrics. Or maybe the performer. I might love it. I might hate it. But agree or disagree, I invite you all to comment and let me know. Perhaps we can share the world.

Bah Humbug, and I hope you all are having better days than me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, look how cute that baby is counting Daddy's fingers! Huh? What did you say?

Jamie said...

I think I will always remember my dialogue with Nicholas on the phone today.

"I think it would make mommy really happy if you took a nap. Do you think you can try to take a nap for mommy?"

"No."