Monday, November 27, 2006

BOB the builder!

Nicholas loves the Theme song to Bob the Builder. It goes like this:

BAAAHB the builder!
(shouting) can we fix it!
BAAAHB the builder!
(shouting) Yes we can!

And that's about it. There's more, but not when Nick sings it. Over and over and over again.

The funny thing is, on the way back from the Festival of Trees the other day, Nate was in his carseat singing:

DAAA, da DA da!
DAAA, da DA da!

I swear he was singing Bob the Builder. I told Steve, and we spent a few moments just listening to the kid DA da DA da and them we started giggling. Because HE WAS SINGING IT!


While I'm on the subject, just let me say that Bob the BUilder does nothing for me, and his Theme song makes me angry because I've heard it too much. I've started turning on the Holiday music just so I can stop the boys from singing it.

It is, however, a HUGE step up from the WONDER PETS Theme song, which is a TV show about a Hamster, a duck, and a turtle who live in a classroom but when the class leaves they build a flying boat out of a frisbee and save baby animals all over the world. but almost always to the same music and with the same words. Ask Jamie to sing it for you. He knows. He's seen it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arrrrgh! Bob the Builder -- even I know the song. It's an anathema! Start showing them Mary Poppins & see if either of them can master Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. They'll keep them busy for a bit!

Pig wot flies said...

Tee hee! Does Bob the builder have an English accent or is he revoiced into American?

Kathleen said...

He's revoiced. Which I've always thought was kind of mindless. It's not a different LANGUAGE, it just SOUNDS a bit different.
And I've tried singing Supercalifragilisiticexpialidocious, but I only get half through it before I'm interrupted with BAAAHB the Builder!

LARISSA said...

My oldest godson loved bob the builder when he was Nick's age. I'd like to say he grew out of it, but his favorite color is still yellow. EVERYTHING for which he has a choice of color has to be yellow and he's going to be seven soon....

Debs said...

Ok, so now it's in my head too. Doh!