Monday, November 06, 2006

Too Many Errands

Today I need to get my new drivers license. I planned to stop by Toys R Us while I was there because it's right next door, and I will only have one child (Thing 2, the younger one) and I'm thinking I might be able to get some early Christmas shopping done before the place turns into a scene from a zombie film - one where the zombies are really fast and cranky and travel in thick mobs, and where they don't want to eat you but instead will beat you over the head with a Rapping Elmo doll or a Wiggles CD, or even worse one of those awful BratZ! things, the girls that are most definitely NOT Barbie, because they are way cooler, and younger, and also they are seventeen TIMES more skanky and whorish than Barbie ever was. (These things make Barbie look like a conservative nun.) But anyway, my point is...

I also need to get to Wal-Mart, though, and purchase a few items that my household needs before it falls apart, like nicotine gum and leg wax and sponges. Oh, and cat litter and diapers. And a couple of big bins I can throw all this Halloween stuff into would be great - somehow the old bin is now comical in its smallness and inability to contain even a fraction of the orange and black items that emerged from it.

Before doing these things, however, I need to stop by the post office, the dry cleaners, and of course the school, to drop off half my children.

The thing is, it is an overcast day. I feel like staying in bed and not doing ANYTHING. But tomorrow I will be VOTING! I have no idea who for. I might randomly pick some of those signs littering the streets or just vote for the ones with the coolest names. The point is, it will take a long time becasue Steve and I must take turns, and our ballots consist of five sheets of legal sized colored papaer with incomprehensible language on it... I've already posted about this somewhere. And because of this, I will not have the time to do the other things I need to do. SO I must do them TODAY. Not tomorrow.

5 comments:

Lou said...

Online shopping is your friend. Embrace it! No one in my house would own anything if it couldn't be bought online.

Kathleen said...

I have done that - and there are real advantages to online shopping... but the SHIPPING! The shippping KILLS me! Besides, I am just not ordering cat litter online. And I think I need to physically be there to get my drivers license.

Lou said...

i buy kitty litter online

Debs said...

And I thought needing to go to the bank and the post office tomorrow and planning in going swimming was a lot. I bow to your superiour busy-ness.
Oh, and doesn't it cost less on some sites - if you pay over a certain amount shipping is free. Of course, you have to evaluate whether you really need 20 bags of cat litter in one go.

Anonymous said...

You do what you have to do as long as you get out & vote!