Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Dangerous Hobbies - Scrapbooking



In my efforts to be Organized and Efficient while Bettering Myself and Getting Things Done, I have started scheduling in things like playing piano, quilting, and working on my scrapbooks. The idea behind thi is so that, if I ever happen to find myself with a few moments to spare, I don't waste them on trying to figure out what needs to be done, or what I should do. And even if I only spend ten minutes putting photos in an album or cutting out shapes of fabric, it's better than not having done anything at all, right?

Since I spend nap time running (or sleeping, if I'm sick with a cold as I have been this past week) I need to balace these hobbies with the boys. So now, when I do scrapbooking, I hand Nicholas a sheet of paper and some stickers, and sometimes a photo that I am not using. He practices with scissors, and he likes fooling around with the ribbons and the things I use.

The other day I realized he had run off with one of my ribbons. He was walking around the house with it. Nathan was following him with the other end wrapped around his neck.

Let me say that again in case you didn't catch it.

Nathan was following him with the other end of the ribbon WRAPPED AROUND HIS NECK. This is why you aren't supposed to give ribbons to babies. They have this uncontrollable urge to cut off their own airways.

I didn't panic because the ribbon was so loose one could really one say it was DRAPED around his little neck.

"Nicholas, what are you doing?"

"Taking my dog for a walk."

Apparently, Nathan gets to be the dog.

2 comments:

LARISSA said...

i used to do the same thing with mark. but he was my cat. The idea was, if we played this game long enough, maybe our parents would get us a cat so that Mark didn't have to pretend any more.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

I find it very interesting that Nicholas has a dog -- Gunther -- but finds it easier?, more fun?, more exciting? to walk his brother! But it also shows they both have great senses of imagination!