Monday, March 05, 2007

Wacka Wacka Wacka

My sister Anne-E gave the boys these adorable outfits from Chinatown in San Francisco. They really are beautiful and adorable (because they are so small! All small outfits are adorable.) But let's face it. There are very few opportunities one gets to actually wear traditional chinese outfits. Unless you are like my friend Betsy, who actually dressed up as a Chinese Man for Halloween, but that was back in the late 70's, and I don't think we do that any more.
Anyway, I was going through the boys' closet, weeding out the clothing I can't squeeze them into anymore, and Nick caught sight of the outfits. He started yammering about "My Dress! My Dress!" So I figured, what they hey! I dressed up the boys so that I could take a few pictures. The boys loved it - at least at first. Then they ripped off the little hats, and eventually the pants. But at first they were all over it, dancing and waving their arms around.
Finally I decided it was time to end it, mostly so I could stop worrying about spit up or potty accidents in the pretty clothes. "Time to get dressed in our regular clothes!" I announced.

Nick looked at me and shook his head. "No," he said. "I'm going to wear my Chinese Food Clothes some more."

Chinese
Food
Clothes

5 comments:

Jules said...

They are so cute! They are so happy to be in their Chinese Food Clothes! And Nate's pose is just too much...looks like he is about to walk down a runway!!

Anonymous said...

Cutest pictures to date -- until the next cutest pictures come along.

Adorable times 100,000!!!!!

And I thought nothing could beat the blue boa.

Anonymous said...

And you know they will grow out of them so quick so let them wear them and have fun. Unless they are for a special occasion in the near future of course.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Very nice! If I were you I would send out for take out immediately!

Nadine said...

Those outfits are so cute. What fun pictures. I stopped by because of the party blog. Nice to meet you. Your family is beautiful.