Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Sick Day?



I am so tired and down.

I went to vote in the primaries this morning. There were five - FIVE - huge ballots, double sided, all cryptically worded, and I was terrified that one wrong vote would have a huge hardware store building it's newest store in our backyard. Meanwhile, the boys did their best to make as much noise as possible, throwing sip cups, toys, and getting hurt, as I stuck my head out of the voting booth and periodically threw m&m's at them.

I then purchased a box of girls scout cookies, and we ate half the box.

Then we got home and I put on Peter Pan.

It isn't even 10am.

I want to sleep. My body aches from working out and not sleeping. And the boys have an uncanny ability to fall and bump themselves and get into huge screaming fights over NOTHING, which makes me even more upset and sad and feeling helpless, and wondering why I decided to do this with my life.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

:( :( :( :(
I really hope you have the opportunity to rest today. Can anyone come to babysit to maybe watch over the kids for a couple of hours while you get back to speed?

Jules said...

Oh Sweetie! Hang in there. Yes, you definitely need to rest today...maybe when they take their nap? It is OKAY if today the laundry doesn't get done, and dinner is take-out. Take care of YOU! And I love you soo much!!!

Jules said...

And if you need a quick escape from life, just go to www.cuteoverload.com and it will make you smile, and sometimes that is enough to bring me back from my ledge:)

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Okay, I think if you tether the boys to different trees, far enough away sos they can't smack one another, but close enough for them to be able to toss a toy or 2 back & forth, you can go lay down & take a 2 hour nap. Then when you wake up, give them each a sippy cup of something & go take a bath for 1 hr. After you are all dried & re-dressed, let Gunther out there to lick their faces, so they're clean enough to put in the car, drive to the take-out store & get some take-home dinner. Then when Steve comes home, tell him you don't feel well & have to go to bed immediately. Let him take care of the kids & go back to bed. Or come down here & leave them with me...I'll take them to work with me on the overnight shift.