Saturday, March 31, 2007

Like Son, Like Mother


There's nothing more fun to my boys than a strip of fabric.

In fact, I have had to put my foot down because they kept stealing my clean sheets, towls, blankets, pillowcases, what have you, to pull over their heads and bump into things with. And for the life mf me, I couldn't understand why they were so excited, and why I couldn't just fold the laundry and put it away and be done with it.

Thursday I popped in at the fabric warehouse I get my fabric at, just to check the price and types of muslin. But I couldn't be in there without browsing a bit, and looking at all sorts of prints and fabrics. I especially like the fancier ones, the velvets and the sheer fabrics with flowers embroidered. I can't help but put my hand out to stroke each one and see how soft it is... And I suddenly had a thought: That I would very mush like to pull the sheer fabric over my head and face, like a veil, and turn and run out the door into the sunlight, waving my arms, the fabric streaming out behind me, unspooling as I went!

3 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Uh-oh, it's genetic!

Debs said...

Like madness - parents catch it from their children.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

PS I forgot to ask: Is that young one with the dreadlocks jumping from the verdant, almost-Rousseau-like bank into the jumgle river one of your sons? Did I miss him when last I visited????