Saturday, March 17, 2007

What does YOUR kid do?



.

















Still feeling under the weather and not up to a real post, so here's a picture taken about a year ago. Obviously, both boys have changed tremendously. Here's how.

Nathan can now walk, run, climb, open drawers and remove items such as birthday candles and matches, Sharpie markers, and knives. Ha takes only one nap a day. He no longer usus a bottle at all, and eats regular food. He sings "Bob The Builder," "The Backyardigans" and also "Twinkle Twinlke / The ABC song" I don't know whichbecause he just sings the notes and it's the same song. He is also starting to say a few words. "Mommy!" "Mermie" (Ernie) "Mummy!" (yummy), and "Bah Bah!" (Big Bird.) He is working on sounds for "MIlk" and "Food" but usually he just pushes me into a standig position while waving his empty sip cup around wildy, and up to now that's worked just fine.

Nicholas now speaks very fluidly. Without being TOO biased, I happpen to think he speaks more than a typical almost-three year old. He talks about his days at school, the things he wants to happen, and his dreams, sometimes mushing them together a bit so that you end up confused abotu what really happened. He can use words to tell you what he wants to do and what he doesn't like. He can also tell on Nathan, and let me know when NATE is doing something not right. Nicholas is also making improvements in using the potty. This past week he started telling me he needed space, and making me close the door and leave him in there alone. Part of me was thrilled - after all, this is what I am working towards, right? But the other part of me was sad he didn't need me, and scared, so, so scared, about what I would find once I opened the door. For the record, each time he decides to go alone, he pees, and finishes up without my help, even if his pants do end up on backwards afterward. We're still working on pooping in the potty.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

OMG! They are geniuses!! Or is it genii? Whatever. They are both just THE smartest most beautiful babies on the enitre planet! No! In the entire solar system! I mean it! No,I am most certianly not biased & I distinctly resent your even thinking that.