Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Because I don't have enough creatures to Care For

This December Steve's Secret Santa at work gave him a Migo, which is a type of virtual pet.

In case you don't know what this is, picture a small, handheld device. It has a picture on it. The picture is of a dog. You get to feed the dog, give it water, let it out to go pee, take it to the vet, play with it, and take it for a walk.

I've always thought these were the dumbest things humans have come up with.

Steve played with his dog, which he named "Dude," for a few hours, and then it ended up stuck in a drawer. Nick, however, loved it. "Look at the puppy! He's sleeping in a basket! He's like a baby! He's so cute!"

And then, I found it.

I felt bad bcause the virtual pet had been neglected. He was nervous. He was thirsty. And he really had to pee.

So I figured out how to take care of those simple needs.

And then I found out that you could play games where you thre a frisbee... you could get points to buy things with if you put it on "walk" mode. And now I have developed a little crush on the guy. When Nick asks for the "puppy" I don't want to hand it over. "I just fed him and walked him and took him to the vet!" I think. "Who knows what state he'll be in after Nick presses all those buttons at random!"

In fact, I've spent so much time with this thing that I had to change the batteries.

1 comment:

Debs said...

That's so funny. HP used to have one when she was younger, and I loved to play with it then, But I haven't had a go for years. Who knows what might happen if I did!