Thursday, February 22, 2007

Your Backyard Friends


Yesterday, for the first time, Nathan sang something other than Bob The Builder.

You remember how Bob The Builder goes, right?
DAH da da Da!
DA! Da! DAAA!

over and over and over again.

But yesterday I went to him after hisnap, and looked at me and, in the same tuneless voice, went: Daaa, da da daa, dada DAAA dadaaaa!

Obviously, this is the theme song to The Backyardigans. If you don't know about the Backyardigans, you should. It's a bit old for my kids, but I like it because each episode is like a very short musical. And the little computer animated animal children? They dance. Oh yeah. When they sing, they dance. For no reason. Just like a musical. And I find it so, so, so funny and endearing. Plus the stories are just funny. Like the one about the Samurai Baker, who has to bake the Great Pie.

Anyway, this is one of the shows I let Nick watch, when we aren't watching The Wiggles or Bob The Buider. And now I know it's rubbed of on Someone!

No comments: