Thursday, February 08, 2007

Hot Donald


I am ToDo list happy. It's the way that I am, and I have become comfortable with it. A thousand years ago, at my job, my office-mate would constantly play this trick on me where she would add things to my to do list when I wasn't looking. I would run out to the printer, come right back, and below my last item would be one in her handwriting. Usually "Buy Melinda a Present."

Even these days I schedule everything. Before I go grocery shopping I not only make a list of what to get, but I make a list of the dinners we'll have every day that week. So I'll know what to put on my list. But secretly it's also good to not have to think about what I'm going to make all day.

Occasionally I'll appoint a day as an order-in day, and then we can either go out (Ha ha ha! right) or order in pizza or chinese. If, on one of these days, it turns out I have to cook for whatever reason, then you better give me my space because I will NOT be in a good mood.

Tuesday was one of these days. And Steve was going to bring the food home, because he was coming home from work that way, etc. He said he was thinking of picking up from the 99. I had to go to the computer to look up their menu and make my selection. Nicholas, of course, was looking over my shoulder. "Mama? Whacha doin?" I said "We have to choose what you'll have for dinner. Your daddy is going to have a hamburger."

"WOOOWW!" he exclaimed, with far too much enthusiasm. "We goin to Hot Donalds?"

Yeah. Hot Donald's. We're going there.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

uhm. not to be a west coast freak. but have you seen super size me? just sayin...

Anonymous said...

...I love Hot Donald's as a name, though. As long as he doesn't start equating it with food.

Jamie said...

anonymous is right. super size me was a very informative and ground breaking documentary. i had no idea hot donalds was bad for you before that film. at least i still have my cigarettes. no one has ever told me those are unhealthy yet.

Debs said...

Hot Donald. Such a cool phrase, could be used in so many different circumstamces too...

Kathleen said...

Yeah... personally I hated that film. Because I know McDonalds is bad for me. I beleive in responsible consumership. Even though I'm bad at it. Also, the guy had been on a Vegan diet for months, and then suddenly made Hot Donalds his ONLY source of food. So not only was it bad for him, but his body wasn't used to it. Heck, even a lean chicken breast makes some vegetarians sick after awhile.

Plus there's nothing I love more than a fast food burger. But there's no need to supersize because no one cares about the drink, and who needs more fries? The BURGER should be bigger.

Anonymous said...

Just as a head's up....McDonalds was never on the list, Nick just stated it based on 'hamburger' which is funny since he's NEVER had a McDonalds hamburger I don'think.

Kathleen had shrimp
Steve had chicken
and Nick DID get a burger...which was never touched and AFAIK, was thrown away!

We try not to go to McDonalds more than 10-20 times a week.

Also, as Jamie said, we do try to get the kids to keep up with their cigarette intake since they're chock full of vitamins and minerals...Nate's up to 2 packs a day!