Thursday, February 01, 2007

Just Ice


One of the horriffic effects of the stomach bug we had last week was a very strong thirst. I couldn't stop myself from gulping at ginger ale even though I knew it would make me sick. But I was SO THIRSTY I just couldn't help it. When Steve was sick I carried cups of ide to the bedroom, but for some reason I couldn't get the icemaker to stop spitting ice out, and one or two cubes always ended up on the floor.

It was one of these that Nathan carried over to me. The look on his face was surprise. He handed it to me, so that I, too, could experience this coldness. "It's ice," I said. "You can eat it." And I tried to put a small sliver in his mouth. Nate would grin at me, because obviously putting that thing in his mouth was just SO FUNNY. Then he would lean forward and touch it with his toungue... and then pull back really fast! Ha! Best you tought I was going to do it that time, huh?

Incidentally, I have since discovered that he does the same thing with popsicles. But if Nick has one, you better have one out for Nate, too.

4 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Ooooo! Cute baby! Hello, Nanthan!

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

O, yes I can so spell. But I can't type -- sorry about that, Nathan!

Debs said...

Ahhh, how cute :-)
I'm glad you're all a lot better. Take it easy as much as you can now - you deserve a rest after clearing up all that puke ;-)

Jamie said...

Just catching up after a few days. I'm glad you had the doctor check you out and that the plague doesn't seem to be terrorizing your house at the moment.