Monday, February 26, 2007

Pink Milk



There is a series of books by children's author Laren Childe featuring Charlie and Lola. I love these books because they are funny and have titles like "I Will Not Ever Never Eat a Tomato, " or "Snow Is My Favorite And My Best," or "I Am Not Tired And I Will Not Go To Bed." The books always start out the same way. "I have this little sister Lola. She is small and very funny."

I have no idea why Nicholas likes these books. They are really too old for him. But since I think they arr charming, I get them, and he asks me to read them to him, so I do.

Lola likes pink milk. In several of the stories, she either asks for, or is given pink milk. And since Nicholas is Nicholas, he started asking me for pink milk.

A couple of weeks ago I broke down and actually got him some Strawberry Syrup at the grocery store. It's so gross. But I mixed it up for him, and he couldn't have been happier.

But he didn't like it. He wouldn't finish it. But he wouldn't admit that he didn't like it. He keeps asking for it, and he never drinks it. I can't figure out if he doesn't KNOW he doesn't like it, or if he just likes to bug me for it.

5 comments:

Debs said...

I love Charlie and Lola. Have you ever had seen the cartoon? It's really sweet.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Ugh - PINK milk?!?! Yuk yuk yuk. Tell him brown milk is better & then give him the chocolate variety. Although if you are trying to keep too much sugar from finding it's way into him, keep on with the strawberry stuff!

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Ugh - PINK milk?!?! Yuk yuk yuk. Tell him brown milk is better & then give him the chocolate variety. Although if you are trying to keep too much sugar from finding it's way into him, keep on with the strawberry stuff!

Anonymous said...

Pink Milk has just as much sugar as chocolate. But you could put in a few drops of food coloring and it would taste the same as regular milk.

Anonymous said...

Pink Milk has just as much sugar as chocolate. But you could put in a few drops of food coloring and it would taste the same as regular milk.