Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Milk Milk Milk


Every week at the grocery store I buy 3 gallons of whole milk for the boys. Every other week I buy a half gallon of skim milk for me. (For coffee, cereal, etc. I prefer 1%, but this is my concession to my diet.)

This past week, because of Imbolc and the dairy the food requires, I also purchased a gallon of 1%. Although I used a lot of it, there was a significant amount left over.

Nevertheless, here we are, Wednesday, grocery day, and we have not a drop of milk left in the house but some skim that smells funny and tastes funnier.

When I was a kid we had to have milk at dinner. At least one glass of skim. These boys get milk all the time. At breakfast, snack, lunch, and at dinner (as long as I can find their sip cups.) They drink it constantly. I can't keep up with them. Obviously. So this morning they got toaster french toast sticks and I ended up putting heavy cream in my coffee, negating the weeks and weeks I have been watering my coffee down with skim. Because we are also out of half and half, which I don't even use - it's for Steve.

So today's Grocery list includes MILK - 3 gallons of whole, 1 half gallon skim, 2 quarts of half and half.

Also, I'm getting three loaves of break, because we're out of that, too. This morning I put a hamburger bun in Nick's school lunch. It was that or a hot dog bun.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Yuk, milk. None for me, thanks.