Saturday, February 17, 2007

Cracking Me Up



I love this picture of Puck. It has absolutely nothing to do with the rest of this post.

Nicholas has be stifling laughter through most of the day. Being two, I kind of share his bi-polar-ness and go from that to a screaming banchee (Get Off The Wall! Put Down The Knife! We Do Not Drink Drain Cleaner! Why Did You Stick My Wax Strips On The Dog!?!). But Nicholas is learning quite a few things. He is learning about the world, and he is also learning the art of conversation. And he has no idea what is an appropriate thing to say.

As a result, he often claps for me when I pee in the potty and tells me I did a good job and he'll get me a marshmallow.

One day he helped me save Nate from a particularly dangerous climb up a chair. "Nate Crack his head open!" Nick said. "Yes," I agreed. "Nate would crack his head open. He could hurt himself very badly. That's why we don't stand on chairs. So we don't have to go to the hospital."
There was a pause, and then Nick looked up at me with very serious eyes.
"And we have to get a new brother."

3 comments:

Debs said...

I'm guessing the new brother idea wasn't exactly what you had in mind!

Anonymous said...

Wow gorgeous picture, looks like a gorgeous house too. I love the things children come out with!! Very funny.

Anonymous said...

Its the thought of you peeing in th epotty that is really crakcing me up.