Monday, February 12, 2007

Nicholas


Nick is officially a "Terrible Two." The slightest thing sends him over the edge. If the car pulls into the driveway before he's ready to be home, he cries. If I tell him today is not the day we get to see Grammy, he cries. If I tell him he can't have another slice of cheese, he cries. If I choose a book he doesn't want to hear, he cries. And these are big cries. not little whimpering ones. Last night his food was too hot and the screaming... oh, the screaming.
But I keeping telling myself it doesn't last forever and trying to get him to use his expansive vocabulary to tell me what the trouble is.
Despite the crazy things he gets upset over, he's really a lot of fun. He's become obsessed with knowing who things belong to. So we'll have conversations where his side goes something like this: Look at this book. It's a nice book. Is it Mommy's book? Is it Mommy and Daddy's book? Is it Mommy and Daddy and Mine book? Did you get it at the store? Was I at the store, too? Was Daddy at the store? Was Nathan at the store? " I've had this very same conversation with him about every item in our house. Every chair, toy, book, bowl, sweater, and shoe.

PS - Happy Birthday, Mom!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But the most adorable terrible two!!

Debs said...

Oh yes, he's so cute :-)
Maybe you'll have to think of some way to add audio to your posts to share the love...