Friday, February 23, 2007

Scraping By


Yesterday it got very warm - a balmy 40 degrees, actually. I took the boys outside to play in the snow.

Nick has been talking about snowmen for some time now, and I thought we might be able to build one, but we had no luck. The snow has never been right for packing. The surface was all ice, and the snow wouldn't even make a snowball, let alone a snowman.

Instead, we walked around, and then I got out the sled. You remember the sled? The too-small sled? Well, I pulled Nick on it, and it was fun! Then Nate started waving his arms, so I just did what I did the time before - placed Nate on Nick's lap. Then I pulled them over to that little hill... and let me tell you, it was a mistake. The sled didn't sink into the snow, it just skidded on the ice. FAST. And I was running alongside it, just in case, and of course the sled hit me in the leg, and over I went.

And over the sled went.

And over Nick and Nate went.

Especially Nate.

Nick was laughing, but when I picked Nathan up I could see little specks on blood all over his face. That's right, his face. See, Nick and I have the ability to put out our hands and stop our fall. Nathan hasn't exactly mastered this one yet. So he hit the ice face first.

This morning he has scraped on his nose, his forhead, and his cheek.

He's such a brute.

1 comment:

Debs said...

Oh poor Nathan :-(
I hope all the scrapes are getting better.
Snow looks like fun, what doesn't ours stay around (ok, so we in the UK and esp. London are just not able to cope with snow that sticks around, so it's probably just as well!)