Wednesday, February 07, 2007

A Million Little Pieces


The boys woke up at 5am this morning.
For an hour I curled up in Nick's bed, my head under the covers, as the boys alternately fought and poked me in the eye. Occasionally I would shout out something about leaving me alone, and they would laugh.
I forgot to set the coffee maker last night, and didn't have time to do it thi morning, so Steve didn't get coffee, and then I thought it would be silly to make a pot just for me.
I had the 300th argument with Nicholas this WEEK about sitting on the potty. He refuses. When he does, he hardly ever goes. Yesterday I threw a fit because of a particularly poopy diaper change which involved getting poop up my arm to my elbow, and I'm afraid I said a few things the Mommy Police would arrest me for. In particular, "THIS is why you need to use the potty! This is VERY NOT FUN FOR MOMMY!"
So this morning, after fighting with Nick about pull ups and scurrying to get Nathan a sip cup of milk - skim, because we are out of whole, and my goodness get it to him QUICK so he'll STOP MAKING THAT NOISE... I finally headed off to the garage to take out the trash...
... and see the truck DRIVING AWAY FROM MY HOUSE. I had missed it by about three seconds.
Which was unfair, because of all the days I put the trash out early, at 7am, or even the night before, and evenb though they ask for the trash to be out by 7am they leave it there until 3pm so that the wind blows our empty soda cans all over the street. And today they get there at 7:30am, leaving their cheerful little neon green tag on my mailbox "So Sorry We Missed You!"

I hate them.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

You need a 20oz cup of Dunkin Donuts Coffee AND a Chocolate donut NOW!!! Do not stop to change poopy diapers, do not drop off the garbage at the dump, do not feel guilty!!! Drive past Lilian's house & push the kids out the car door while shouting, "I'll be back in a jiffy! Mommy needs a Moment!!" Then get the joe & donut to go, find a nice quiet place & enjoy. Or come here & I will make you a little cake of your own -- I got a tiny cake pan good enough for 1-2 people!!! I love you Fleen!!