Friday, February 16, 2007

Sledding


A couple of years ago Lillian gave Nicholas a sled.

It wasn't a great sled, just one of those plastic thingies that goes up high so he wouldn't fall over. Even when he was really small, the sled wouldn't really slide unless it was being pulled, and even then it had to be at a certain angle.

When it was snowing on Tuesday, we pulled out the sled. I had some idea I would put both boys in it and pull them around. But when Nick climbed into it, he had to fold himself in thirds to do it. His feet would either dangle uncomfortably over the edge, or his knees were squashing him in the chest. There was no room for Nate at all.

I did manage to perch Nate on Nick's feet and instrusted Nick to hold on to Nate's snowsuit, but both boys looked at me as though I were mad. "What is she, crazy? And now we're MOVING? DOWNHILL? She's trying to kill us."

Ok, so we need a bigger sled.

3 comments:

LARISSA said...

OK... i have to ask... what does nate have around his head?

Kathleen said...

haven't you ever seen FAME? It's a sweat band... OK, actually, it's one of my headbands, but Nathan likes to play with them, so I put one around his head. The funny part is I then kind of forgot about it, and put him in the car with it, where he slept with it, and when we finally got to Lillian's there was an impression of the headband on his forehead.

LARISSA said...

I thought it was a headband, but it looks like it actually fits him and i couldn't understand why they made headbands for 1 year olds...