Monday, June 04, 2007

catching up on my life

Saturday was really, really busy.

We took Steve's car to the car place, and on the way home we stopped off at the John Deere store so Steve could ask some questions. Nicholas loved the tractors so much I can't even begin to describe how overwhelmed he was. He threw a fit when I made him leave behind a little toy steering wheel, and also when he realized we were leaving without a new tractor for Steve.

Later we went to the Strawberry Festival - a yearly book fair and festival thrown by the library organization. Nicholas bounced around on a couple of big blow-up things, both boys played a few kid's festival games, neither of them ate the italian ice Steve got, and then we pretty much melted because it was 105 degrees out (or something along those lines) and we had to go pick up Steve's car.

Then, that evening, Steve took me to dinner and to a movie. The dinner was one of those Japanese places where they cook the food in front of you, so it was fun, and very good. And the movie was fun, although not so good. Let's face it, there was nothing I wanted to see, really. I mean, nothing I couldn't wait for.... The Third Pirate move, Shrek III, or Spiderman III... we ended up seeing 28 weeks later, the sequel to 28 Days Later, a zombie movie. I love Zombie movies. Especially ones with large loopholes. As I said before - I had fun!

And then yesterday we slept. Because I was tired, and it was raining.

There, you're pretty much all caught up.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Wow! You had a busy weekend! And you had a date! By the way, I love that hat & Nathan looks fabulous in it!