Monday, June 18, 2007

Sharing or Screaming




















Psst - New Yorkers - don't forget to visit my sister's reading tonight, as per my previous post!


Here is a picture of Nate sitting in a box. As you can see, he is smiling and happy. It doesn't take much for him to amuse himself, when he's on his own. The same goes for Nicholas.

Put the two of them together, however, and within three minutes there will be screaming and tears.

I had to throw the box away because of the screaming that followed. In fact, I feel I spend most of my time barging in on shrill and tearful arguments, simply to remove whatever toy it is they are fighting over NOW and place it someplace where, perhaps, with any luck, it will disappear and never be seen again.

I can't help but feel a little bit resentful about this. After all, I don't want to be a screaming, yelling, bad-mood lady. But I am a bit pregnant and hormonal, prone to tears myself, and I have only so much patience with little boys fighting over who gets to play with the fire truck THIS SECOND when it has gone ignore for the past three months, or which boy gets to go first diving headfirst off the sofa.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Who intervend when you & your sisters & brothers were screaming about things? O, wait, you guys never did that. You were little angels! So, it's just you who've given birth to spawn of the Devil...& you're even adding to the pandemonium with a 3rd! I can't wait to see them all together!!