Tuesday, June 26, 2007

One Leg At A Time


I have a problem, I admit it. I am an advance packer. Almost as soon as my sister left, the car still pulling out of the driveway, I had the suitcases out of the guest bed and was busy checking off items as I packed them up. Crazy, I know. Especially as we still had A WEEK before departing.

Which brings us to now. As of now, I have almost everything packed, with the exceptions of things we haven't purchased yet (books - if I buy them too early I read them before I leave) and things we need before leaving (toothbrushes, face cream, hairbrushes, etc.)

This means that right now none of us has a great deal of clothing to choose from, since most of it is packed away, and cannot be touched upon penalty of Mom going Insane. The person this most affects is Nicholas, who for some reason has a very limited number of shorts to begin with.

This morning we picked out an outfit, but he refused to let me help him get dressed, as he was having fun running around stark naked. I took Nathan into the bathroom and reminded Nicholas that he needed to be wearing clothing before going downstairs for breakfast. When Nicholas came into the bathroom he was triumphant. "I dressed myself!" he shouted. And he had!

Only his shirt was on backwards, the skateboard print in the back. His shorts were on correctly, but his underwear... he somehow got both feet into the same leg hole, but kept tugging, so that the whole things was around his waist, covering... nothing, and oddly visible above the waistband of his shorts. Boy, was he cute!

3 comments:

LARISSA said...

uh... where's the pic of nicholas wearing his self designed outfit??

Kathleen said...

it was too early. I didn't have it in me to rush and find the camera.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Ah, they grow up so fast!