Thursday, June 14, 2007

What you've been missing

Now that my secret is out I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. For the past two months I could hardly post anything because mostly I wanted to post "Secret secret! I've got a Secret!" and then talk about how sick I felt.

Honestly, I wonder more and more about these women who seem to reach the seventh or eighth month of pregnancy AND DO NOT NOTICE. I think I hate them. Because if I didn't know that the way I have been feeling was caused by a human gestating in my abdomen, I would be convinced I was dying of something much more tragic. I am tired ALL the time. I am also hungry AND nauseous all the time, at the same time, which makes finding something to eat a bit of a challenge. I've lost track of the number of times I've actually been sick. Not to mention the fact that I've started crying during television commercials for items such as car insurance, diapers, or yogurt.

Because I've been feeling so emotional and ill and fatigued, I am finding it harder to do the things I usually do, such as cook dinner, fold laundry, and vacuum. Suddenly what I used to do with relatively little effort seems like SO MUCH. I mean, honestly, do all of THAT? WHEN DO I GET TO THROW UP?

And by far the biggest change is that I have started napping every day. I had planned to stick to a workout schedule, gradually decreasing my speed and my time as I got bigger and my balance changed. I had worked too hard to get to where I was - back to before Nick weight and better than that endurance, and there was no reason to stop. The doctor said I could continue. The books all say exercise is good while pregnant, as long as it is managed carefully. But let me tell you - the books are stupid. And so is that doctor if she thinks I'm going to give up a nap to run. I'm TIRED! LET ME SLEEP!

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Go nap! You need your sleep or that baby in you will come out tired! I too have been crying at insurance, phone & food cmmls. And feeling very very hungry, not so nauseous. Do you think I could have sympathy symptoms from this far away?

Debs said...

I say sleep all you can, I guess the only problem is persuading Nate and Nick to nap when you want to nap!