Tuesday, June 12, 2007

How I Know It's A Boy:


Because I have two boys already, the gender of this baby-to-be is usually one of the first things people bring up when they find out I'm pregnant. I just want everyone to know, up ahead of time, that I already know this third one is a BOY. Male. Y chromosome.

How am I so sure? Well, I reached the conclusion scientifically. You see, a baby's gender is determined by chromosomes. X for a girl, Y for a boy. And there are only so many of each that float around the atmosphere for soon-to-be-pregnant mother's to inhale. (I told you, this was very scientific.)

This is where my friend Betsy comes in. Betsy has a little boy two months older than Nathan. And two months before my baby is scheduled to make it's arrival into the world, she is going to have HER second child. Oh - and her third. That's right, Betsy is having TWIN GIRLS!

So you see what happened? Betsy sucked up all the girls stuff before I could get to it, and now I'm going to have a third boy. Which probably would have happened anyway, because Steve is SO MANLY. And I'm sure all of my scientific explanations will be upheld when I finally go in for my REAL ultrasound in August, and they can confirm that yes, I am indeed carrying a boy.

See, a baby is exciting, but Twin Girls is exciting times two.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmmmm, "My Three Sons" -- a sitcom -- no, they already did that -- anyway your blogs are funnier

Lou said...

I also steal all the Krackels out of the bag of Hershey's miniatures.

Debs said...

I love the theory! I guess the proof is in the pudding, oh wait, that metaphoe doesn't quite fit. Although small babies can look good enough to eat ;-)

Debs said...

*metaphor
Really ought to proof read before clicking publish!

Kathleen said...

I'm not big on Krackels. But I do steal all the chex out of the chex mix. In fact, I think Chex mix should be ALL CHEX... except then I guess I'd just be eating a box of cereal drenched in salt.

Anonymous said...

Hey like the new look

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

No! No! No! I want it to be a gur-uhr-urh-urhl! The boys are cute, but you have 2 of them & I have already seen these cute little sun dresses & things! Okay, I don't care, the new baby getting the cute little things regardless! O, yeah, & Steve is off the Christmas list!