Friday, June 22, 2007

"Ugh" means "Save Me!"


This time before our vacation last year I was sweating out the wait for Nathan's passport, which came less than 48 hours before our departure.

With less than a week to go, I am once again a bundle of nerves. This time, however, we have all the necessary documents for international travel. I have double and triple checked.

The thing is, there still seems to be so much to DO. I have to go shopping so that I will have something to wear, and although that might sound silly to you, remember that I have a different shape than I did last summer. That, and the items I wore the summer before THAT are mostly stained and / or too tight.

I have started packing, but it's a work in progress, especially since each time I pack something Nicholas or Nathan will unpack it, drag it around the house for awhile, and then cry because they lost it.

In fact, both boys have turned on me, displaying the very worst in their behavior. They cry and try to climb my body whenever I turn off the TV or try to devote my attention to something other than them. It is not even 8am, and yet Nathan has slammed Nick's foot in the door four times already, Nicholas has asked me twice what we're having for supper (I DON'T KNOW!), and I have to go get the cars registered before we leave, drop the key off at the pet sitter's, and reserve a rental car which Steve told me over a month ago he would take care of NOT THAT I'M BLAMING YOU, STEVE! I'm just saying.

I need to end this post abruptly because I need to take laundry out of the dryer, find the checkbook, convince Nick we are NOT going to play Wiggles right now on the computer, and figure out why Nathan is trying to climb onto my lap while beating me with my old photo album.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

They are acting like that because they know...they know they will not be alone for too much longer...that soon enough there will be another like them drawing your attention away from them...that the 'new one' will be littler, newer, cuter (how could that possibly be?) than they, etc. Their only weapon, at the moment, is whinging, climbing on you, demanding your attention & generally acting like little boys! I lurve them & wish I could see them this summer!!!