Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Fun With Water?

At the Strawberry Festival, both Nicholas and Nathan won prizes. If the games weren't rigged to help little ones win, then the booth managers let the kids have prizes anyway.

In one case, the lady let Nicholas choose his own prize from an assortment that she had stashed behind the booth. There were inflatable balls, rockets, and many things little boys might think were cool. What did Nick choose? He chose a bright pink teddy bear necklace that had bubble solution in it.

It was funny, actually, because he started blowing bubbles right away, and didn't really stop. He really surprised me in the car when I mistook a bunch of little bubbles for a swarm of bugs - I was driving.

Anyway, Nick soon used up all the bubble solution. He then realized that he could refill the little teddy bear container with water, which he did at the sink. I spoke to him about playing with water, and explained that the sink was only for washing up, not for playing.

Yesterday, as I quickly hacked out my post, I realized that the boys were too quiet. I dashed into the kitchen and saw that the door to the bathroom was closed. But behind it was the faint sound of running water. When I opened the door... ugh. Nicholas had the sink on. He had a little red bucket which he was filling with water and the sink and then dumping into the toilet. He was, apparently, doing this over and over, splashing water all over the floor, the walls, and himself in the process.

I can't imagine what he thought he was doing. Filling the toilet? Cleaning the toilet? Bailing out of a sinking ship? All I know is that I was unhappy at the cleanup. And that now I must watch Nick like a hawk every time he goes into the bathroom.

3 comments:

among the savages said...

So, let me ask you this.
Have you figured out how to backup your journal onto a cd? ....and if you have have you figured out how to do it all in one keystroke, or do you have to keep going back and doing each entry individually?...and if the answer to these two questions is, yes, can you save ... or does the process save .jpg files as well as text?

Anonymous said...

Sorry you had to clean up the water mess -- but this little story is too cute -- I could just picture the two of them at work in that bathroom!!!

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Ahh, trained plumbers! They can make more money than some college graduates & also know how to drive them crazy! As their mother, you must be sure they are not exhibiting 'workman's crack’ at this early stage of plumbing experimentation -- only you can prevent this horrid disease form developing in their later (not as cute as they are now) years!!