Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Poetic Justice


My kids wake up too early.

I used to be an early riser. I still am, actually, but now my early rising falls within the OK TO BE AWAKE hours. As opposed to when I was a kid, and I mother used to burst into my room and shout "Go Back To Bed! It's 4:30!" Seriously, I would wake up that early. It was a problem later on, when I started going to sleepovers and had to bring a book so that I would have something to do during the hours (HOURS) between when I woke up and when anyone else in the house would even think about opening their eyes.

My kids wake up at 5am. I got them new shades. I put them to bed later. Nothing works. They just wake up that early. This morning I finally stumbled into their room because it sounded as though our 2 kids had multiplied into 6, and they were all singing and rattling the bars on their cages.

I guess this is called poetic justice.

And now I'm tired and cranky and the boys will have to deal with me ALL DAY.

And that is called Poetic Justice, too.

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! Isn't that the universal mommy curse: I hope you have kids just like you!

Jamie said...

This picture: I can read the message, but I can't quite make out the object. Is it a bottle of wine or is it a punching bag?