Friday, September 07, 2007

Congratulate me!


See the scary banner with the babies at the top of my blog? The one that counts down the days to the due date of my youngest child? Well, according to that counter I have only 100 more days to go! I'm practically there! There should be much rejoicing.

The other day I read something in this baby book that went something like this: "By the end of this month your uterus should be about the size of a basketball, and that may look like what it is you're carrying around inside! You may even think that you can't possibly get any bigger, but you still have three more months of exciting expansion ahead of you!"

I then tore the book in half and burned it. I'm not being vain, really, you understand. I'm just being uncomfortable, and I remember how much more uncomfortable I am probably going to get.

But at least now I can count down in double digits.

7 comments:

LARISSA said...

A BASKETBALL? are they kidding? Basketballs weigh like what... nothing?? More like a bowling ball.

Kathleen said...

SIZE, not WEIGHT.
Say, a basketball filled with fluid... containing a two pound kicking... um... baby.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

O, my. It is rather like Alien, except that they don't really coming ripping out of your flesh when the time comes...right? Right?! O, nooooooo!

Jamie said...

Let the countdown begin

Lou said...

Woo-hoo double digits!! If it makes you feel any better, I am now wearing Men's XXXL t-shirts from Old Navy because nothing else fits. Pants? Who needs pants?

Debs said...

Hmmm, strange. Looking at this post on Saturday, so the day after you wrote it, the counter says 101 days. What have you done?!? You've made that poor baby say, "hey wait a minute, I'm not so keen on double digits after all, I'm gonna start counting the other way instead"

Debs said...

UPDATE: It's ok people, don't panic. I talked to the baby (with my special cross-Atlantic powers), did some negotiating, and it's agreed to count downwards instead of up. (otherwise known as I refreshed the page and the 101 changed to 99, phew!)