Monday, September 17, 2007

Running Late...

This morning I woke up to find that the power had gone out... but only for a matter of minutes, maybe even seconds. It's just that when I wake up I usually focus my groggy eyes on the cable box to tell me how insanely early it still is, and the cable box was dark.

The power was out just long enough, however, to knock out our internet connection until Steve did something to fix it, which he did thirty seconds after he woke up. But I usually post while he's still in bed.

And this morning we were in a bit of a hurry to get to school early, so that I could be back by 9am and sign up Nathan for Toddler Story Time at the library. So I didn't wait around to post, I just got on with my day until just now.

By the way, we did manage to get to school early this morning, and I was back in plenty of time to make the phone call to register Nate. However, when I picked up the phone and started dialing at 9am, the phone was busy... and busy, and busy, and I kept doing housework while pressing redial, and it didn't take THAT long, but when I finally got through at a quarter past nine, a full FIFTEEN MINUTES after registration officially started, the 9:30 class was already full. Which means that plan I had of dropping Nick off at school and then going right to the library has fallen through. And now I have this strange time lapse where I get to drop Nick off, return home, have snack, try to do... something? in that odd period of time we have, then stuff Nathan back in the car and take him to Story Time at 10:30. Then I get to hope he doesn't fall asleep on the way home because it isn't far, but it's far enough so that if he falls asleep, he might not nap, and then he turns into BABY CRANK at about 4pm, when napping will ruin his bedtime.

The end.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

I know exactly how you feel. I woke up feeling exactly the same way but for completely different reasons. I can’t believe the class was full when you finally got through! Want to take out some little kid in the earlier class to make room for Nate??? Just say the word.