Thursday, September 20, 2007

Nothing Stays Where I Put It



I put the same items away more than just a few times each day.

On another note, I have recently given up my sewing room. When we moved in to this house, I took the smallest bedroom over as a sewing room, intending to spend hours in there happily quilting away. But I got pregnant and then had a baby, and I found that it is easy to quilt when one is alone, or even watching a movie, but when an infant is crawling around on the floor and trying to grab your fabric cutter to chew on, or start his very own collection of pins, quilting and sewing becomes an exercise in stress and needless torture. So the sewing room became a place where I would stick all random items "to be put away later." It was where I would put the gifts I would give people, the pictures to be stuck in albums or frames, the cards I wanted to keep...

But with the new baby coming, well... we have to stick him SOMEWHERE. I could fit Nick and Nate into the same room, but when Nate was born Nicholas was still napping twice a day, and I felt it made sense. At this point, Nathan is already down to one nap, and I don't think the older boys would be able to sleep through night feedings.

So I have spent hours taking things OUT of the sewing room and finding new homes for them. Today the delivery men arriving with a new bed, a big boy bed, one for Nathan. I am a little frightened, but ever since Nathan learned to climb out of the crib, bedtime has been a bit stressful and long, anyway. But now you know what will happen, don't you? Both boys will want to sleep in the new bed. There will be fighting and crying and tears and I am going to have to sit on Nathan to get him to stay in the bed and sleep.

3 comments:

Lou said...

Oh god, good luck to you. Logan's not getting a big boy bed until he is shaving.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Big Boy Beds for Everyone! See how fast it happens? Don't blink or they will all be in college! Sorry you are losing your sewing room, but you are gaining a son!

Jamie said...

true dat. GREAT movie, by the way