Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Words, Words, Words...



When Nathan was born, Nicholas called him "Nay Nay" at first, and for a few months. Nathan is now about the age Nicholas was when he was born, and his language skills are improving daily. It really is amazing to realize that your child is telling you things. "Ahh! Communication!"

Nathan calls Nicholas "Brother." Probably because I am constantly saying "look at your brother!" or "That belongs to your brother!" or "You are getting to be just like your brother!" And now, when the two of us walk into Nick's classroom at the end of the day, Nate extends his arms for a hug, and rushes over to Nick shouting "BRUDDA!"

Nate is also the independent sort. He wants to get undressed himself, even when I can tell it will require help. "I Giddit!" he cries. And when he wants something he talks about "Habits" as in "I Habit?"

Yesterday I took Nathan to the doctor where he was declared to have an infection in each of his ears, and we were sentenced to "The Pink Goop," standard sentence, twice a day for a week. So far I have given Nathan two doses, and we have gone through half the bottle because that's how much he has spit out onto the floor, his clothing, his eyes, my clothing, etc. This morning, as soon as he saw the medicine dropper, he said "No." Then he said "M&M?" remembering that last night he got treats after his ordeal. I said no, because no mother says yes to M&M's at 7am. Then he asked for a "PeePop?" which is actually a lollipop. I again said no. During the 20 minutes it took for me to get him to swallow most of the meds, he managed to call out for him Daddy, for his Brother, and told he he didn't want it.

Meanwhile, Nicholas stood next to us, and kept asking if he could have some of Nate's medicine. Please?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this video!!!! They are sooooo smart and toooooo cute