Sunday, January 15, 2006

Congratulations going out to my sister EMILY, who got into law school at UCLA!

This is the first school she's heard back from, so it's very exciting, and reassuring because she kjnows she got in somewhere. She still has a few months to go before she hears back from all her schools, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her. Still, she got in to law school, which is more than I could do.
Since I get ill just thinking about taking a test or completing an application.


Other than this news, today is a dreary day. The ground is white, the sky is white, it's too slippery to go out...
I sometimes think of all the things I could do on a day like today. Watch a marathon of movies, do a puzzle, read a book... But I can't really DO any of these things with Nicholas. He doesn't seem to enjoy them AT ALL.
Truth be told, I have no idea what we're going to do today. He's 20 months old. What does a 20 month old do on a cold, cold, wet day? Other than bang the hardwood floors with his toys and try to balance on the living room furniture, which is what he's done so far. And of course I am irritated because he refuses to listen to me and get down on his own, forcing me to get up off the couch and MAKE him do it. And yet all I have to do is leave his line of sight before the squeeling and crying begins.

Today would be a good day to have a baby.

But the magic 8 ball says "not likely."

7 comments:

Lou said...

Yay for Emily! That is such great news! I have another old wives' tale induction method for you: My grandmother claims that getting down on her hands and knees and scrubbing the kitchen floor sent her into labor twice (once for each baby). Now, I personally think that attempting such a feat while 9 months pregnant is UTTERLY ABSURD . . . but, there you go.

Kathleen said...

Funny thing... this morning is a fit of something I actually attempted to clean the kitchen floor with a sray bottle of kitchen cleaner and a roll of paper towels.
But my mother stopped me.
She then stole my nesting instinct and did a load of laundry and vacuumed (not mopped) while I tried to take a nap.
Perhaps I shall go back in a have a do-over. It just might help.

Anonymous said...

Whoopppeee! The floor cleaning worked! It's a baby Nathan Philip! Hooray & congratulations to all!! And Welcome to the World little Nate!
x0x0x0x

Lou said...

Holy crap! Is this true?? Baby Nathan is here? Yippee!! I can hardly wait to hear all about it and see pictures. Congratulations and I hope everyone is doing well.

Lou said...

I'd like to know how many women have said, "Today would be a good day to have a baby," and then actually HAD A BABY THAT DAY. Unbelievable!

Jamie said...

Of course I find out from your blog about Nate! Congratulations! I hope is was the 20 minute labor you dreamed it to be :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Kathleen,

You are too cute!

Love and love,
Emily