Monday, January 02, 2006

WALK INTO THE LIGHT...

You know how, in all these movies, once a person dies they see a beam of light from above, and all they have to do is walk towards it to rise up and go to heaven ot the next level or whatever? Well, you know how in many of these movies someone doesn't follow the directions - either because they are angry or upset or have unfinished business like a girlfriend or a child or Demi Moore or something - and they MISS THEIR OPPORTUNITY and they become a ghost - a disembodied soul?

Well, I've been thinking. Could it be the same with childbirth? I mean, it may be entirely possible that this baby was supposed to be born several days ago, but I wasn't paying attention when the white light of labor pains started and nor I missed my opportunity. Now the baby will have to stay inside me FOREVER, kind of a ghost baby trapped inside my uterus until I eventually explode with terror and frustration and discomfort. Or maybe it will just keep growing until I have a ten year old trapped inside my tummy.

Seriously - at this point I really feel as though I will NEVER actually go into labor. I'm a step away from driving to my OB's office and just begging for a quart of petocin.

My mother is showing up this afternoon to help take care of Nicholas and the house. Thank goodness. Not that I'm expecting her to do too mugh, but at least I can have someone play with Nick while I do the things I need to do - one of the hardest things is balancing making dinner or doing dishes with Nicholas.

1 comment:

Lou said...

Suddenly, I'm remembering that Saturday Night Live skit where someone gives birth to a fully grown Will Ferrell.