Wednesday, January 11, 2006

OK - so today I have a doctor's appointment.

Unless she tells me something wonderful, like "hey, you're having this baby NOW! Isn't that a remarkable coincidence?" or "We've decided you need to take this massive dose of Pitocin RIGHT NOW." I will be looking for ways to get this baby out.

Betsy gave me the ideas she tried. I know Pitocin isn't the best, but at this point I'm willing to put up with the pain and discomfort and stuff. Even if they use a needle. Heck, I might even let them put one in my SPINE! Something I only considered for about 15 seconds during my last labor, and that was only until they told me I had another option.

So this afternoon I may go on a search for Raspberry Leaf tea. Since I have been known to do shots of balsamic vinegar when NOT pregnant (please don't ask - I admit I'm a freak) I somehow don't think they will help.

I have already tried things like eggplant parm and walking and letting Nicholas climb all over me and kick me in the belly. So far nothing has worked. Obviously.

So... that's it for me. I would classify my state of mind as "extremely miserable - exacerbated by the fact that I'm trying to be appreciative to my mother for all she's doing, that I'm trying to be appreciative to my husband for letting my mother move in with us for what may turn out to be quite a while, and that I'm trying to be as upbeat as I possibly can with my 19 month old baby who screams every time I leave the room, even if it is just to look up the word "exacerbate" in the dictionary."

Today's Secret: I have a bag of licorice and a diet Pepsi hidden in the car, and I plan on eating them both on the way to my doctor's office.

2 comments:

LARISSA said...

I have heard that getting up off the floor from sitting indian style is a way to get your water to break. I gather the idea is to get up by extending from a deep squat. No rolling over to make it easier. If necessary, get somebody or something in front of you to help keep your balance. It is either that or going on a 30 mile bike ride.

Lou said...

Black licorice is actually supposed to boost your prostaglandin production and make you go into labor, so you're actually doing yourself a favor by eating all that licorice!!