Sunday, January 01, 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Last night Steve and I celebrated the New Year by watching a Netflix film, eating pigs in a blanket, and both passing out before midnight.

And by "passing out" let me be clear that only one of us was drinking anything remotely interesting, and it wasn't me. We're just that old and that lame. And that tired.

I DID wake up at 12:30 to pee (and 3:30, and 6:15) but I didn't bother waking up Steve to celebrate. It just wasn't worth it.

Today I spent the day putting away Christmas ornaments and willing this baby inside me to work its way out. I welcome the labor. No, really, I do. I'm so excited for it I could scream. It's worse than waiting for Christmas because there is no set date. It could be at any time. "Now," I tell it. "The time is NOW? What do you need? Christmas decorations put away? I'm on it. You need me to stock the freezer? Done."
I swear I think there is something in particular this baby is waiting for before making it's arrival, and if I could just figure out what it was....

Anyway... besides being old and lame and not being able to stay up to 11, let alone midnight, I have a one track mind these days. I try to hide it and pretend that I'm doing these things for my family, for the house, etc. But it's all a front. It's for me. To get my body back and turn it into a giant mobile milk factory.

No comments: