Saturday, June 03, 2006

ants in my pants


You would not believe how messy our aouse is right now. Because I was feeling so sick yesterday I took the "day off," which is sort of like a cosmic joke, because I still had to take care of the kids, and no one stepped in to do my job for me so now... ants are crawling around our sink, which is filled with dishes. The dishwasher is full of clean stuff (hey - at least we HAVE one!) The washer has some wet stuff I put in to soak yesterday after Nathan - in complete disregard for my "taking-the-day" announcement, pooped through his outfit and onto a blanket... So here's a small list of "updates."

Puck, the cat, came home. The next morning I heard him meowing at the side door, his white fur completely gray and an entire tree stuck to his rear end. Glad he's back.

Nathan can now roll over quite easily from his back to his tummy! In fact, he has trouble NOT rolling over onto his tummy. This is problematic because he hasn't figured out exactly how to roll from his tummy to his back, and he HATES being on his tummy. SO I can only put him down for a few moments before the screaming begins.

We started giving Nathan rice cereal - and peas and apples. He doesn't like the rice cereal, but loves the other stuff. He gets angry as soon as I stop feeding him, and he's already tried to steal food from my plate. I can't wait until he's ready for teething crackers. But teeth mean formula full time, if you get my drift.

Nicholas has discovered the word "MINE." Everything is HIS, the toys, the pots and pans, the ceiling fan... At dinner he refuses to eat, asking to be done, but he cries if you then take his food away. "MY FOOD!" he screams. You would think we were stealing bread from a starving child the way he cries. "PIZZA! My Pizza!" HE cried last night. But he didn't want to eat it. Apparently he just wanted to hold it and take it to bed with him, which was NOT going to happen - not while I'm washing the sheets.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! So much has changed since I read the last post just a few hours ago. So many new physical & verbal developments + the return of an old (but dopey) friend! Congratulations, Nick, on your new word. Kudos, Nate, on your recent gymnastic feats. And, Puck, welcome home.

Debs said...

Kathleen I hope you're feeling much better soon. Any chance this being the month of Steve means he can take over all the house stuff while you get better (ok, so I realise the idea was to do lots of nice things for him, but in the long run you getting better is a good thing...).

I'm glad Puck came home again.
Congratulations to Nathan on learning to roll and Nick on expanding his vocabulary!

Apparantly the first real food I ever ate was banana. So there you go. And there's a funny story in my family about apple sauce and my little sister that maybe one day I'll put on my blog.

Oh, and you could use the ants as a learning to count experiance for Nick, or something..

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.