Thursday, June 29, 2006

Passport Problems


OK, so the one thing you need to travel to Europe is... not luggage, not sunscreen, not even a wheely car seat... besides a plane ticket... yes, that's right, a passport.

Guess which one of us still has no passport?

That's right, Nathan.

In order to travel internationally, little baby Nathan had to get his picture taken. Steve and I made a date to meet at the Post Office where they took Passport applications. It was pouring rain, and by pouring I mean BUCKETS of water were flung down to earth at the count of three. I forgot my checkbook, but Steve happened to have ONE CHECK on him. The whole process left us angry and frustrated with each other the same we we get frustrated with each other doing things like putting the plow on the truck or moving large furniture.

And we still have no passport for him.

It's supposed to come in the mail, but it hasn't yet. I feel stupid because I didn't expedite the process, and felt we had PLENTY of time, and I was sure it would get here... but we have one week left - a holiday week at that - and I am not sure what to do. I could call the passport place, but I seem to remember a warning on the website saying it may make the process even LONGER if they have to search for it...

What should I do? Please, please tell me what to do! I refuse to alter my vacation plans because of this, and I just don't know if Nate will fit in my carry-on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, we must be related because the first thing I thought of was stuff him in the carry-on. Other than that, CALL. I don't think you can put it off any longer. You could wait til the day before you leave, but then if it's still not there, you will be hysterical & neither the US nor France takes kindly to baby smuggling.

Kathleen said...

BABY SMUGGLING!