Monday, June 05, 2006

Hello, McFly?


I got no comments on how I , personally, dislocated my two year old's elbow. I came up with a few possible explanations. First, no one cares, and I could actually shut him away in a closet with only fruit roll ups as nourishment and no one would say anything. Second, everyone is so upset with me that they are too busy plotting the removal of my children from my home to post nasty comments telling me how horrid I am. Or third, it was a weekend post and no one reads this on the weekend.

I am, actually, terribly afraid that I will unwittingly harm my children again. I may squeeze them too hard, or swing them around too much and harm their brains, or I might pull their arms clear out of their sockets next time, who knows. After much thought, I've come up with a solution. Here is a picture of it. With Nick in this box, he can't run around and hurt himself, and I no longet need to run around pulling him off furniture and away from heavy falling objects or our knife collection. he balloons not only amuse, but offer cushioning in case of a fall.

5 comments:

Lou said...

Dude. I suffer daily from the fear that I might inadvertantly hurt Logan. So, your post really freaked me out, especially since I consider you one of the best moms I know. If it could happen to you, just imagine what damage I will no doubt cause my son in the near future!! Scary. Sounds like he's completely fine now - yay!

Anonymous said...

Oh honey! You ARE the best mom ever, and this particular injury happens all the time! It happened twice to my nephew Adam, and at least once to Jake/Josh (i can't remember which one). Do NoT stress about this at all. You are amazing and my hero.

And Betsy - you are amazing too, so no worries about Logan!

Love you!
Jules

Anonymous said...

Oh honey! You ARE the best mom ever, and this particular injury happens all the time! It happened twice to my nephew Adam, and at least once to Jake/Josh (i can't remember which one). Do NoT stress about this at all. You are amazing and my hero.

And Betsy - you are amazing too, so no worries about Logan!

Love you!
Jules

LARISSA said...

Fleen, no worries. Injuring your kid unintensionally is, as far as i understand it, par for the course. Think back to when you were a kid. i'm sure your mom or dad hurt you by accident- for example, my mom slammed the car door on my hand - not my fingers, my HAND at the age of 6. If nothing else, take comfort in the fact that he won't have any memory of this experience.

Anonymous said...

I for one was busy sleeping all day Sunday, after, of course, meeting Cleo's new weekend dogwalker & buying her a new leash. But as soon as I read the previos posting, I called DYFS. They should be there by now.

;-p