Thursday, June 01, 2006

June 1, 2002

I was a little bit sick on the day of our wedding. I had a sore throat and was feeling icky. Kind of like today, now that I think of it. But despite that, despite needing regular doses of Advil and not being able to drink as much champagne as everyone else seemed to be, the day of our wedding was wonderful. See how happy we are in the picture? And no, I'm not just thinking about how I'm about to eat cake.

Our first anniverary was a bit untraditional. I thought really hard, and decided the best way to spend it would be with my mother at a car race in a different country. Kidding. Kind of. Actually, my parents and their friend Jack somehow managed to get us tickets to the Grand Prix in Monaco, and it just happened to be on our first anniverary. My mother came with us. The race was... interesting. Hot. Smoky. Loud. I never thought I could fall asleep in so much heat and noise. But I did. My mother read a book. Afterwards we walked miles back to a cafe and my mother bought us a late lunch with champagne and we had a lovely time and the whole trip was wonderful - the WHOLE trip, even the monkey cheese part, even the long hikes up stairways, even when I spilled diet coke on those people's white sofa.

Our Second anniverary was different. I got discharged from the hospital, but they wanted to keep an eye on newborn Nicholas, so we had to leave him in the NICU. At this point they were telling us that either he'd be fine or they'd be rushing him in for heart sugery. I sat in front of the TV crying and we watched The Secret of Nihm.

Last year we didn't do much of anything. The day before we had gone out to dinner... ALONE... but it only took us about 30 minutes to get through our meal. I was already pregnant with Nathan and Nick was just 1, so we were kind of both tired and it was good to get away, even for such a short time.

Tonight I'm feeding the kids and putting them to bed early - don't tell them. I'm going to have a go at a fancy dinner - we'll see what happens. I just want tonight to be special because I love Steve so much and getting married was so... it was just... it was such a GREAT IDEA!

5 comments:

Lou said...

Happy Anniversary! Your wedding was so beautiful and we had such a great time that weekend! And you were (and are) the prettiest bride EVAH. Love you. Love Steve. Love Nick and Nate.

Debs said...

Happy Anniversary :-)
Did your cat turn up yet?

Anonymous said...

Hapee an-i-ver-sah-ree to yew, hapee an-i-ver-sah-ree to yew, hapee an-i-ver-sah-ree dear Fleen & Steev, hapee an-i-ver-sah-ree ta-oo ya-ooooooooo! And mah-nee mohr!

PS Loved the wedding -- best I've ever been to!

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»