Thursday, June 15, 2006

the WHETHER man, not the WEATHER man


I wonder whether there will be any weather, not what the weather will be...

In this part of the country the temperature goes from too cool to too hot / humid right away. There is no middle ground. We had a few hot and sunny days this year, but lately the hot days have been too hot to go to the park. Even those are preferable to the rain. The canoe and the kyak, still stranded mid-lawn from the flooding, are now invisible, covered with tall grass. The right thing to do would be to move them and then mow the lawn, but not only is the grass too wet to mow, it is too muddy to walk through. One of us could probably do it, but why? We would only get uber wet and uber muddy, and at this point there is noplace to PUT the boats that would be dryer.

I am tired of the rain, and in the past couple of days I have regretted coming back from California, and also not moving down south. I am also looking forward to my vacation to France. A lot. Every day I need to fight the urge to pack because I'm not leaving until July.

If you can't tell, I'm a bit down - probably because of the weather and the fact that Steve's been gone. But he's coming back, and the rain can't last forever (shut up, no it CAN'T) so I'm sure this is only temporary. But I threw the schedule out the window this morning because I just didn't have the strength to do it all over AGAIN...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Fleen! I love you! And you are still my favourite -- forget those other rotten kids -- you ARE my favourite. Steve will come home soon; the sun will come out tomorrow; the kids will mow the lawn & all the cheese in France will soon be yours!!!! x0x0x0x0x

Jamie said...

word to being tired of rain, sister. it's such a downer! I have a whole season of it to swim through.