Friday, June 30, 2006

Yesterday I Liked...

When I was a kid in school every english class would start by filling out the "Yesterday I Liked" sheet, where you had to write a sentence about... something you liked.

Yesterday I put a half naked Nicholas and a very soggy Nate into the car so that I could deposit Steve's paycheck. Halfway there, Nathan began laughing. It wasn't the small, googling noises he usually makes. It was one of those deep belly laughs that he gives only when he realizes that this, this thing he's laughing at? It's REALLY FUNNY! When I leaned over to see what he was looking at, he was looking right at Nick. Nick was looking back at him, slightly surprised, but still smiling. And then HE laughed. And then Nate laughed again. They went back and forth like that for the rest of the trip, and it was one of the greatest moments in my life.

Yesterday I also called the passport office. The lady on the phone was very nice. She was sympathetic when I said Nate was born in November instead of January and told me I should get used to having a fried brain now that I had a baby. I assured he that I had a two yearold and that my brain had been replaced with a huge marshmallow. She assured me she was expediting the passport processing, that it should be express mailed to me today, and to call back Wednesday if I don't have it by then.

Yesterday Lillian came by in the morning and I went to this salon I like and I got my hair cut. It was a wonderful experience. The woman cutting my hair was nice. She spoke to me about her little boy instead of her soon-to-be-single husband. The other people there were relaxed and friendly and were not mall rat clones. And I actually got my hair cut. Before and after photos will be posted shortly.

I'm trying to post a photo, but I don't think it's working. WHY, blogger? WHY WHY WHY?

5 comments:

Lou said...

I think your photos are working! Thank god about the passport and how cute about the brotherly love.

Pig wot flies said...

ooh multiple Nates. tres cure. I like the duck.

Pig wot flies said...

cute! not coure. Friday afternoon, typos galore.

Anonymous said...

Why is that child's butt smiling at me? O, never mind.

Back to the passport -- Congratulations! I know you can rest easier now. Plus, Nate is releived he won't have to hold his breath while he's in that carry-on!!

O, yes, glad the hair thing finally worked out. Looking forward to the pix!

Anonymous said...

Can't say how delighted I am that one of my computer-experienced children, the one married to the computer maven, no less, has problems with the computer. It makes me feel better about the months and months I couldn't leave a comment and not even being able to check my e-mail from an inter-net site in Thailand. You don't think it's genetic, do you? love, jean the mom