Saturday, July 01, 2006

Through the Looking Glass


"In another moment Alice was through the glass, and had jumped lightly down into the Looking-glass room."

I got that directly from my copy of Through The Looking Glass, by Lewis Carroll. I last read the story as a Teenager, and I loved it. The only copy I have in The Complete Works of Lewis Carroll which used to belong to my mother, before she was married. Apparently she was living on 16th St. in NY, at least according to the address in the front cover. In any case, the book is older than I am.

I feel as though I am through the looking glass myself. I can't seem to figure out Blogger. Yesterday I thought I posted a post with no pictures, but when I checked it out on another browser, I had apparently posted five photos of Nate's bum in his smiling ducky outfit. When I use my usual browser I can't see this picture at all. When I use The browser that came with the computer I can see it, but when I look at the "compose" section I can't see the picture, only html code. I can't see it any other way. And when I posted a photo this morning on that browser, it wouldn't actually POST it. Plus, while posting it it wouldn't let me see the pictures, only the names, and they are all something like DCjpg10078, and who KNOWS what that it, so it turns out I posted a previously posted photograph, and who needs THAT!
So I went back to the Firefox browser and I posted a picture that I can't see, but I hope you can.

Puck, melancholy after returning from his trip outdoors, is now packing up and moving out.

I am already packing for our trip to France. Not only is this in my nature, trying to be prepared, but I have a feeling I will need to do my packing at 5 minutes spurts. I f I take any longer Nich starts removing the items from the bags, and next thing I know he's walking around with an empty suitcase and our vacation is stuffed under the bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's gonna be sooooo much fun, as much fun as going back to Brigadoon. love, jean the mom

Anonymous said...

Emily's here already & I can't eait to see you before your big trip. Okay, it's not really a big trip for you, but it is Nate's first European Vacation! 'll bet he can hardly contain himself!

O, by the way, Vahe & Talyn had a baby! A girl! Areni, that's her name. A village in Armenia! O, I don't know why. But when he said it to me over the phone I said, "What?! You named her 'Irony'? What the heck for?" He just laughed. It's more like Ahr-ron-ee, but you know how bad my Armenian accent is...much worse than my French accent...or my Thai accent...or even my American accent!